IEEE ICDL 2023 MESSAGE
IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning 2023 (ICDL) will take place in Macau, China from November 9 to 11, 2023. Macau is just across the Pearl River Delta from Hong Kong, and its giant casinos and extravagant malls have earned it the nickname as “Las Vegas of Asia.” It will not only provide the attendees with a great venue for this event, but also an unparallel experience in a mixed culture of Portuguese and Chinese.
ICDL is a highly selective annual international conference that aims to showcase and share the very best interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research on how humans and animals develop sensing, reasoning and actions.
ICDL community focusses on the understanding of how biological agents take advantage of interaction with social and physical environments to develop their cognitive capabilities. Moreover, how this knowledge can be used to improve future computing and robotic systems.
Scope and Topics:
- Principles and theories of development and learning
- Development of skills in biological systems and robots
- Nature vs nurture, developmental stages
- Models on the contributions of interaction to learning
- Verbal, non-verbal and multi-modal interaction
- Models on active learning
- Architectures for lifelong learning
- Emergence of body and affordance perception
- Analysis and modelling of human motion and state
- Models for prediction, planning and problem solving
- Models of human-human and human-robot interaction
- Emergence of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Epistemological foundations and philosophical issues
- Robot prototyping of human and animal skills
- Ethics and trust in computational intelligence and robotics
- Social learning in humans, animals, and robots
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers of six pages with the possibility of two-extra pages at a fee. Submissions are in the IEEE conference template. Submission will be selected for either oral or poster presentation based on the reviews. Accepted and presented regular six-page paper submission. All papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore.
|20 August 2023:||Deadline for manuscript submission.|
|10 September 2023:||Notification of paper acceptance.|
|30 September 2023:||Submission of final papers in IEEE PDF format.|